Sunday, April 3, 2016

Can African American hair be bleached/colored?? Post #8

YES! African American hair can definitely be bleached/colored. I've seen so many women of color with beautiful colorful fro's, locs, buns, braids you name it. It all comes down on how well you take care of it. Bleaching is a process of stripping the dark color from your hair strand, so of course it is going to make your hair weaker, but if you maintain a good routine for taking care of it, it wont break off as bad. A lot of girls argue that bleaching only looks good when it is done by a professional, but in my opinion a lot of "professionals" don't really know how to work with natural hair. I've heard plenty of stories of a salon visit gone wrong. I'm not saying you shouldn't go to a salon, but if you have a preference, go for it! YouTube is actually a very good example of many different non licensed girls bleaching/coloring their own hair and it comes out beautiful. Here are a couple examples of girls with bleached curly, kinky hair.





So don't be scared to rock some color! explore, don't let anyone tell you what to do with your hair! Just make sure you take EXTRA care of it, deep condition, use hot oil treatments and use protective styling with it. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any hair but it was a great post to read. I have a older sister that does dye her hair and it does work only if she takes care of it. Was cool to see all the different colors that can be used on even thicker hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a really good niche blog here because it applies to a very specific audience. I think it's awesome how you test so many of the products you suggest, and you do a really good job of documenting them! To me it's quite fascinating to learn about a different hair type! Overall, pretty great! I like the font of the title a lot, too!

    ReplyDelete