Sunday, February 14, 2016

Post #1

My name is Zane and I decided to start a hair care page for my Mass Media boot camp class, but not only that. I also started this blog to help out my curly hair women who struggle with hairstyles, techniques and textures within the African American community.

Pictured below would be my hair texture when it is wet, naturally dried. I would say my hair is in the 3c/4a category. I'll explain the texture category down below...












 
African American hair is extremely versatile and can be styled in many different ways. Our hair takes lot of maintenance and consumes a lot of time but in my opinion its actually fun to try new hairstyles. Our hair can actually be categorized into groups because of the texture of our curls. The most common hair textures in black hair ranges from 3A-4C. Here is picture to let you see the difference, it starts off with a loose wave texture and the curls get tighter within each category...









No comments:

Post a Comment