Monday, February 22, 2016

Protective Hair styling Post #3

Protective hair styling consists of wearing extensions, weaves, bundles, clip ins, braids whatever you want to call it. Its good for your hair and lets your real hair take a break while you're wearing the weave. 

Sew ins- This type of protective hair style consists of braiding the hair down to the scalp and sewing on tracks or a cap. This style lets your hair sit under the extensions and grow! The key part to this technique is oiling and moisturizing your scalp before sewing on the weave. Here are a couple of braid patterns that are used...

Beehive braid pattern
Vixen braid pattern

























 
 Middle part pattern



Crochet pattern











  


For all of the above pictures, I just went to google and typed it "sew in braid pattern" and lots of different sew in pictures popped up!



Clip ins- These are just tracks with clips on them that you clip right into your hair! These come in sets usually around 7-10 pieces, depends on how full you want your hair and this is what they look like..

 
















  

Braids/Twists- Braids and twists are one my favorite hairstyles because they last so long and have a low maintenance. They last for about 2-2 1/2 months if you take really good care of them! There are also so many different types of ways you can get it done. There's box braids (large, medium, small), Senegalese twists, Havana twists, Ghana braids, crochet braids and probably much more! Here are a pictures of some of the braids/twists I've had and pictures of braids I want to try... 
Box Braids





Havana Twists
























2 French Braids
2 French Braids


Ghana Braids

Crochet Braids
These are just a few of the protective styling. The list goes on! There's so many different things to do with our hair, I just cant fit all of it on this post! Hope this helps you better understand what a "Protective Style" is and how it helps our hair grow.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome blog, Zhane! I love how all the pictures so beautifully illustrate what you are talking about. Otherwise, I would be so lost!! My sisters and I love working with braids, etc., because there are five of us and we have so much hair! Braids get all of it out of the way and just look super cool. Anyway, I think you did a really good job with your post, and the only thing I was curious about is if you could maybe eliminate some of the extra space? There's not much, but it was a little confusing to my eyes...maybe center it a little more? Otherwise, I think Ghana braids look so cool, and I would love to learn how to do them! Have you every thought of making video tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you used pictures, and GIFs! It really helps with understanding the topic of the post. I would love to see more GIFs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all the pictures you used as examples! Can't wait to see what else you post!

    ReplyDelete